PATANG UTSAV 2018
Gujarat is vibrant with Kite Festival which is celebrated with colours of joy and colours of life. The Kite Festival signifies Gujarat’s Cultural Strength & like the kites, Gujarat soars high to touch the skies to be the best in the world.
Kite flying day, which is also known as Makar Sankranti, marks the end of a long winter with the return of the sun to the northern hemisphere. According to the hindu astronomy, the sun enters the zodiac of Makara. Hence it is called Uttarayan or Makar Sankranti. The special significance attached to the celebration of Makar Sankranti is Kite flying.
K J campus is proud to announce the celebration of PATANG UTSAV 2018 on 12th of January, 2018. We cordially ask all our students to participate in this celebration and make this event a grand success. Students are advised to collect the registration forms from stationary and submit it to admin department. Kites will be provided by the college but the students have to bring the Kite spool (firki) by themselves.
General rules and regulations to be followed by the participants:
- Participant will have to submit the registration form on or before the last date announced. Late entries are not permitted.
- Be punctual in timing of the event, otherwise participation will be cancelled.
- Decision of the judges will be final. In case of any dispute, the decision taken by the working committee will bound to all.
- Accompanist and non-participating assistants should be college students with valid college IDs.
- Participants have to be careful about their own baggage / equipment / instruments / exhibits etc. Staff of college / management will not be responsible for any loss or theft of the same.
- You shall be liable to pay if you damage the property of college.
- Institute will not take any responsibility in case of any accident or mishaps during the event.
Rules for Fancy Kite Competition
- Participants are required to decorate only one kite for the competition.
- Registration is compulsory for all participants.
- All the participants must reach the venue by 9:20 AM.
- All the participants have to bring the kite and decorative materail on their own.
- There will be only 3 winners. Judges decision will be final.
- The decorative kite must be flyable and flying demonstration of fancy kite will be essential.
- Always carry your I-Card / Library Card / College Fee Receipt with you for identification.
- Manja(Dori) will not be provided by college.
- Use of "Chinese Dori" / "Plastic Dori" / "Gubbara" (chinese Tukkal) is strictly prohibited.
- Seperate form for every participant must be submitted.
- Every registered candidate will be provided a kite kit.
- Do not indulge in any unauthorised activity & must take safety measures for themselves.